4th of July is here my friends! Who’s ready to kick back and celebrate this weekend? Last year we sent you a special drink recipe to help you get into the Summer spirit. It was a hit! Click here to see last year’s recipe.
This year we’re giving you another festive option. We got the idea for this recipe from wellplated.com and gave it a Rubio’s twist. The original version uses rum, like a traditional mojito. But Jesus loves Tito’s Handmade Vodka. So, we decided to try it with vodka and it turned out great! You can also make this as a mocktail by not adding alcohol at all. The result will be equally delicious.
Red, White, and Blue Mojito
Makes 1 cocktail. Takes 5 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 2 fresh strawberries, diced
- small handful of mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced (about 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or other sweetener)
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka (we like Tito’s Handmade Vodka)
- Club soda
- Muddle the blueberries, strawberries, mint, and lime juice in a tall serving glass.
- Add the vodka and agave. Stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice, then top with club soda.
- Stir to combine, then garnish with additional mint leaves and berries as desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
Staying Safe For The Fourth
Fireworks are the best! But they can be downright dangerous if not handled with care. Just a few precautions can go a long way to keeping your home and loved ones out of harm's way.
- Keep a bucket of water close by to soak used fireworks
- Have a hose ready as well for any rogue flames
- Remember pets are sensitive to the noise from fireworks, so keep them in the house protected from the exposure to loud sounds
Read more safety tips here: http://www.fireworkssafety.org/safety-tips/
As always, if you need the Rubio's Crew to clean for you before or after your celebration, give us a call and schedule a cleaning.